Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Rotating Dynamic Hotspot Help?

JGoode
Advocate
Hi,
I have tried using the script given in the gdl guide but I can't seem to get it to work. Does anyone know how to make it work correctly?
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Center
! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hotspot2 0, 0, unID, ang, 6     : unID = unID + 1

! Base
hotspot2 r, 0, unID, ang, 4     : unID = unID + 1

! Moving
hotspot2 r * COS(ang), r * SIN(ang), unID, ang, 5     : unID = unID + 1
I have created parameters for ang and R.

I really just need some explanation of the code. For some reason the angle increases when going anti-clockwise instead of clockwise. In 2D. The base does isn't position above at what should be 0 degrees.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If I look at page 197 of the GDL Reference Guide in ArchiCAD 20, the diagram is quite clearly going counter clockwise, perhaps this is intended?

Edit: this is also how the angles work in ArchiCAD when drafting.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
JGoode
Advocate
Erwin wrote:
If I look at page 197 of the GDL Reference Guide in ArchiCAD 20, the diagram is quite clearly going counter clockwise, perhaps this is intended?

Edit: this is also how the angles work in ArchiCAD when drafting.
Seems very strange. I was having some other issues when changing the centre point of the rotation so I have had to keep it at 0, 0 which is inconvenient. Thanks for the help.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Barry Kelly
JGoode wrote:
Seems very strange. I was having some other issues when changing the centre point of the rotation so I have had to keep it at 0, 0 which is inconvenient. Thanks for the help.
All of the hotspots need to have the same base co-ordinates.
An easy way to do this is leave the base at 0,0 but put an ADD before the hotspots
i.e.
ADD x, y
! Center 

! Base 

! Moving 

DEL 1
or
 ! Center 
hotspot2 x+0, y+0, unID, ang, 6     : unID = unID + 1 

! Base 
hotspot2 x+r, y+0, unID, ang, 4     : unID = unID + 1 

! Moving 
hotspot2 x+r * COS(ang), y+r * SIN(ang), unID, ang, 5     : unID = unID + 1
Adding a flag value of 512 to the centre hotspot (type 6) will make it rotate in the opposite direction.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
JGoode
Advocate
Barry wrote:
JGoode wrote:
All of the hotspots need to have the same base co-ordinates.
An easy way to do this is leave the base at 0,0 but put an ADD before the hotspots
i.e.
ADD x, y
! Center 

! Base 

! Moving 

DEL 1
or
 ! Center 
hotspot2 x+0, y+0, unID, ang, 6     : unID = unID + 1 

! Base 
hotspot2 x+r, y+0, unID, ang, 4     : unID = unID + 1 

! Moving 
hotspot2 x+r * COS(ang), y+r * SIN(ang), unID, ang, 5     : unID = unID + 1
Adding a flag value of 512 to the centre hotspot (type 6) will make it rotate in the opposite direction.

Barry.
Thanks very much. This is very useful.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10