BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Rotating object around x and y axes

Ugljesa Janjic
Newcomer
Hello all,

How can I rotate an object, a slab or a library element, around its y axis?

I created an object and saved it in the library but the orientation is not right.

Any help is good. Thank you.
Ugljesa Janjic
ugljesa@janjicarch.com
ArchiCAD 25
Mac OS
3 REPLIES 3
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Ugljesa wrote:
Try OBJECTiVE - it provides tools to rotate any selection of GDL objects.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Ugljesa wrote:
Hello all,

I created an object and saved it in the library but the orientation is not right.

Any help is good. Thank you.
If you don't know GDL, OBJECTIVE is the answer, and it also sorts out the 2D, but if you say you wrote the object you could apply a parametric ROTy to the whole 3d and a Project2 to the 2D.

However, if you created the object with Archicad tools (and not with GDL), then you can't do a ROTy because the object may have been created hundreds of meters from the origin. Move the AC tools that made your object to a position over the Origin, create it again, and theres a chance that you can apply a ROTy to it, providing you write a PROJECT2 3,270,2 statement into the 2D script. make it on Ground level too!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I made a object to rotate anything, you can download in my web: http://www.garquitectos.es/index.php/archicad/objetos-gratuitos.html its in Spanish but its very easy to use, I have upload a tutorial in YouTube in my channel. I will redesigned my web soon and I will erase the "archicad" pages, so if you want ... Hurry up!
Learn and get certified!