Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rounded corners when using thick lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
When using slightly thicker line weights (e.g. this snapshot of a wall corner using 0.35mm outline) - the corners end up slightly rounded, whereas I would like a sharp 90 degree corner

Is this possible?
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
benjamin_chan wrote:
When using slightly thicker line weights (e.g. this snapshot of a wall corner using 0.35mm outline) - the corners end up slightly rounded, whereas I would like a sharp 90 degree corner

Is this possible?

No.
Only by using a thinner line - that will give you a smaller radius at the corner - but it will still be a radius.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for the question!

As Barry mentioned, unfortunately, the thick lines will always show the curve at outer corner. We had a wish in our database already (please refer to it as #12512). Hopefully, our Product Manager will consider it in the future!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hmooslechner
Rockstar
its also an Issue, that the thick lines are placed on the center of the object-borders, so that - in case of thick lines - the object is drawn bigger than it really is. It would be better to place thick lines to the inner side of the borders, not on the center. It would be a big thing for detail drawing..
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Barry Kelly
Hmooslechner wrote:
its also an Issue, that the thick lines are placed on the center of the object-borders, so that - in case of thick lines - the object is drawn bigger than it really is. It would be better to place thick lines to the inner side of the borders, not on the center. It would be a big thing for detail drawing..
Yes, each line should be treated like a wall with a reference line position - left, centre, right.
I am sure this would require a huge change in the program though, so I am not holding my breath.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Minh, this is something that seriously cripples the quality of good graphic representation in Archicad.

And forces users to go to other platforms to tidy up their presentations defeating the purpose of an integrated design platform...