BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

S/E Tool, Section v. Elevation setting

Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Howdy,
is there any way to access the Section vs. Elevation setting from the Info Box or Floor Plan pane of the settings dialog from within the script? Ideally I'd like to change it based on the state of one of my parameters. TIA.

Picture 1.png
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
3 REPLIES 3
__archiben
Booster
from the info box: it's hidden under the 'markers' pane disclosure triangle . . .

but you know that, right? did i just completely misunderstand just what you're after?!

ben
markers.jpg
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
I want to know if I can determine the user's choice (section v. elevation) from within the GDL script of the S/E marker. You can get some of these settings, like refer to drawing on/off, via the blue (usually hidden) parameters. I remember someone mentioning that not all the blue parameters available for a given subtype are automatically added to the list.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
owen
Newcomer
Geoff wrote:
I remember someone mentioning that not all the blue parameters available for a given subtype are automatically added to the list.
No they aren't for some reason. Have you tried looking in the library documentation HTML files on Graphisofts site? Start here i think there is some more elsewhere too - its a bloody mess

I can't recall seeing anything on Sect/Elev markers tho
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Learn and get certified!