Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

SECTION LINE DISPLAY

Jacques Funke
Contributor

I was wondering if there is a way to show my Section line only on selected stories, e.g. I have a 4 story building with my Section line cutting through the 2 first bottom stories and the other 2 above is just going through the outside of the building as it recess back. So on those 2 tops stories there's no need to show the section line in plan, but I couldn't find a way to hide the line from these stories and still be able to see its entirely range when I open this particular section view.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

You can also have the section marker show on one storey only.

Then use 'linked' markers on the other stories (that show only on those stories).

The advantage of linked markers is they can be moved and stretched independently of the source marker, but they show the same section.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

change your section marker setting (& perhaps elevation marker setting as well) to either Entirely in Range or Partly in Range

GerryLeonor_0-1668650686099.png

Most likely you'll need to set it to Entirely in Range.

you'll also need to ensure that the Vertical Range for each marker is set to the correct levels for the floor plan story display to work properly. ie, don't set it to Infinite.

GerryLeonor_1-1668650741209.png

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
Solution

You can also have the section marker show on one storey only.

Then use 'linked' markers on the other stories (that show only on those stories).

The advantage of linked markers is they can be moved and stretched independently of the source marker, but they show the same section.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

@Barry Kelly, In Revit, I can adjust or play with the section lines when there are not enough spaces between them. Is it possible to do that in Archicad?

Here's a simple example:

Mjules_0-1668661864649.png

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

You mean move the marker of the section line, but leave the section line where it is?

Not really.

You can't move just the marker, but you can stagger the section line.

BarryKelly_0-1668665428283.png

So long as the part you stagger is outside of the model you are cutting, you won't see anything different in section.

But if the stagger (the part of the section line you move) is cutting across the model, you may see a difference - depending on what it is cutting.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Yes, I talked about moving the marker while leaving the section line where it is, so as to have more space from one marker to another.

Here's a better example regarding what I talked about:

Mjules_0-1668666928471.png

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

This original post was talking about section markers in plan.

Not level markers (storey markers) in section as you have shown.

There have been other posts about that.

I think you either need a 3rd party storey marker or you have to add independent ones.

I don't use the storey markers so I am not 100% sure.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

unless i actually mis-understood the initial question & they were actually talking about offsetting Storey Levels & not elevation/section markers.

if i did -- apologies.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

The original thread talked about "section line display." As I understood, there should be no section lines without related markers (in plans, sections, or elevations). "Section line display" refers to a package in architecture including the markers. 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

Hi Barry,

That's exactly what I have been doing. I was just wondering if there would be another way to do this without to create independent linked section lines. It would be handy if it had the same option we find with other objects in AC to choose to show it on the story below, under or both from a predetermined level. Thanks for the reply.