Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO cutting issue

Tom Krowka
Booster
Have cut out a wall profile with a morph. Wall was the target, morph was the operator in the shape cut into the profiled wall. However, if I place other items in the wall (slab in this case) that slab is cut even though I created and placed the slab after the SEO operation is completed. The operator morph is on a separate cut layer that is turned off in this view.
What am I missing.....I need that slab to show up complete. Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Try having the slab in a layer with a higher number or priority. I think as of the moment both wall and slab is using the same number.

Hope it helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I have come through this here.
It is due to single material slab origin that doesn't match with the wall base.
Try creating a composite slab with single material and apply it as "finish" (not "core").
But if I where in your situation, I'd use a custom window with this technic.
Hope that helps.

Edit: Actually it is the opposite regarding core vs finish building material. The finish material will not be interrupted. The statement is now correct.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Changed the slab layer number in layer dialogue box. that worked. Good idea regarding the custom window. Next time, as I've already done all the SEOs I needed with a morph object.
Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Barry Kelly
Even though you have cut the wall away with an SEO, the wall is still there.
The wall will still automatically cut the slab as it normally would if the SEO was not there.

Changing the layer priority numbers of the wall and slab so they are different will stop them from automatically trimming.
Or using a building material in the slab that is stronger than the wall shouls also work - so the slab will cut the wall and not the wall cut the slab.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11