BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO doesnt adjust in plan view (shows in 3d)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've trimmed few objects using SEO, and as seen in the image few of them got trimmed (white ones), but the hatched (terrain) object is shown completely.

- I did not convert the objects to morph since changes are still pending.

if I switch to 3d view,all SEOs are adequately shown (SEO trimmed as should).

could someone explain why certain objects are shown as should in top view, and some are not.

only difference from objects that are displayed properly, and the ones that are not is that the "proper" ones are "roof" objects, and the "wrong" ones are "slabs"
10 REPLIES 10
Lilith wrote:
I've trimmed few objects using SEO, and as seen in the image few of them got trimmed ...
I don't quite follow your description of the problem. It looks like everything in the lower picture has been cut. ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I think it is about floorplan.

SEO on mesh will not show up in floorplan.

Roof will show SEO.

You could convert the mesh to a morph (I would keep a copy of the mesh and SEO on a seperate layer with an unique intersection group number for future editing). It should show fine in floorplan and 3d and gives you the benefit of hiding or showing edges.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
Lilith wrote:
I've trimmed few objects using SEO, and as seen in the image few of them got trimmed ...
I don't quite follow your description of the problem. It looks like everything in the lower picture has been cut. ?
the "cut" is properly shown in 3D view, but in floor plan the whole object is shown (dashed hatch)

- the white elements in floor plans are "roof" objects (top layer in 3D)
- the dashed elements in floor plans are "slab" objects (bottom 2 layers 3D)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
I think it is about floorplan.

SEO on mesh will not show up in floorplan.

Roof will show SEO.

You could convert the mesh to a morph (I would keep a copy of the mesh and SEO on a seperate layer with an unique intersection group number for future editing). It should show fine in floorplan and 3d and gives you the benefit of hiding or showing edges.
Thanks for confirming. I wasnt sure if I was doing something wrong, or if there's a way to make slabs behave as expected.

I dont see why Graphisoft decided to implement it that way?
ATTM considering using "roofs" for all my slabs... since they offer far more control then "slabs".
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Roofs use a true projection. Slabs are symbolic.

Roofs do not participate in priority based connections (with building materials), though, where slabs do. There are a few more perks where finish layers meeting windows/doors will automatically extend with slabs.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
Roofs use a true projection. Slabs are symbolic.

Roofs do not participate in priority based connections (with building materials), though, where slabs do. There are a few more perks where finish layers meeting windows/doors will automatically extend with slabs.
thank you a lot for such fast replies.

what would you suggest to use as "ground" material in underground stories?
4 example, when drawing a basement, the ground around it?

in the picture above, I just used a "Zone" under my whole project with a hatch. But I'm thinking of finding a more model oriented aproach.

since slabs are schematic and wont show, I was considering using roof tool to create the terrain around it (and give it thickness 5m, and asign "soil" material to it.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Netherlands is for a large part very flat country where basements are rare. I do not draw terrain that way, sadly.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Erwin wrote:
Roofs do not participate in priority based connections (with building materials), though, where slabs do.
Roofs do participate in priority based connections, just not automatically like Slabs do.

If you use Connect from the context menu between a Roof and other elements, then PBC will be used.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-21/archicad-21-reference-guide/elements-of-the-vir...
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
Netherlands is for a large part very flat country where basements are rare. I do not draw terrain that way, sadly.
thats a fascinating fact. Never occured to me that it could be an issue.
Learn and get certified!