BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO, renovation filter and landscape/sites

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm first-time poster with a SEO, renovation filter and site issue.

I'd like to show 3D views of existing and new construction (one existing only, one existing and new). The existing site (a morph) is altered by a basement slab via SEO since the new structure cuts into the existing grade. I am not able to show an existing view without a hole in the site, even though all new elements are hidden via the renovation filter.

I've found a similar post, but the solution sounds complicated (last entry at http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=46792&sid=4dd624ba34ddce311b1615e3f934fd0e). Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks, Greg
2 REPLIES 2
Yes, you just need a piece of matching morph to fit into the "hole," designated as demolished. I suppose you could SEO existing and revised morphs to get that piece.

However, I should say that Meshes work FAR better for terrains, because you can cut holes in them much easier, as well as gravitate level dimensions and landscaping. (Gravity doesn't work for morphs.) I'd recommend you replace the terrain morph with a mesh.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Richard,

Thank you for the response. Apologies for the misstatement; the site is a actually a mesh, not a morph. I will try your recommendation.

Cheers, Greg
Learn and get certified!