Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

SLAB - white fill appears grey

ValentinaF
Contributor

When I draw a slab, and use a white cover fill it appears grey in the view.

However, in layout view, or in prints it appears white, as it should.

It's confusing, because I use lots of different fills, and actually want some of them to be gray; so I don't notice it's wrong until I try to print. I want my fills to appear as I decided the cover fill to be, not something else.

If I override rules, then all fills appear white, not just the ones that are supposed to be white.

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mscott
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Try navigating to the Options Menu > Work Environment > On Screen Options, uncheck the option Automatic Pen Colour Visibility Adjustment for Model Views if it is checked. Then check to see if the fills appear white.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Mscott
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Try navigating to the Options Menu > Work Environment > On Screen Options, uncheck the option Automatic Pen Colour Visibility Adjustment for Model Views if it is checked. Then check to see if the fills appear white.

Thank you so much, that was it! You made me so happy!

Eduardo Rolon

FWIW you should leave the option checked since eventually it is extremely useful.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

I'm still learning, so would you mind sharing some examples of how it could be useful?

I see just one aspect, to make objects with white fills visible on white background, is there something else?

Eduardo Rolon

That is basically it. In AC you can have white cover fills from different items and this helps to see what is what.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

might be using a different pen set in Layout ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

@ValentinaF wrote:

I see just one aspect, to make objects with white fills visible on white background, is there something else?

That is exactly what it is for.

Any fill or line using the same colour pen as the background will be changed on screen so you can see it.

Another option is to use a non-white (or black) background.

I use a pale green like the old manual drawing boards.

screen_background.jpg

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11