Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SPELLING Corrections.

Anonymous
Not applicable
AC 10 tells me that Microsoft Word (which I have on my computer) will spell check the drawings. Wonderful !..However, on my MAC OS X, I get the dialogue box that says that AC can not find Word...Now just how can I help it find what appears so obvious to me but is hidden to it ?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
__archiben
Booster
atelier wrote:
AC 10 tells me that Microsoft Word (which I have on my computer) will spell check the drawings. Wonderful !..However, on my MAC OS X, I get the dialogue box that says that AC can not find Word...Now just how can I help it find what appears so obvious to me but is hidden to it ?
from the help files, the emphasis is mine:

"Warning: Spell Checker relies on Microsoft technology. ArchiCAD can only locate Word’s Spell Checker if its pointer is correctly written in the Windows Registry. If you have properly installed Microsoft Office, Spell Checker will work without any problem. If you have manually modified the location of Microsoft Word, ArchiCAD will not be able to use its spell checking features. Moreover, the Spelling commands must be installed with Word."

on a mac, microsoft word and its associated files should be in /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/... (or '... Office 2000' if that's the version you have).

and something that quite honestly amazes me, again from the help files:

"Spell Checker is not available for text-type windows."

that being said, using the word spell checker is a total cop out on graphisoft's part - mac OSX has extensive build-in, system wide spelling services that every 10¢ shareware application seems to be able to make use of . . . yet graphisoft somehow can't seem to find it. it's a bloody disaster.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Aussie John
Newcomer
~/archiben wrote:
on a mac, microsoft word and its associated files should be in /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/... (or '... Office 2000' if that's the version you have).
~/archiben
I've just moved my word folder and renamed it and my spell checker is still working.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
genarch
Enthusiast
Using AC 11 1033 USA Full, and the SYSTEM spell checker (Word services failed to work), the spell checker ignores capitalized words! We tend to type in all caps, which renders the spell checker absolutely worthless!!!

For what it's worth, we were unable to get Word services to work in AC 10, either. Following this link (http://tr.graphisoftus.com/faq_entry_details.asp?id=858) will show you how to use the SYSTEM spell check library. This workaround works in both 10 and 11.
Mac OSX 11.6.8

AC26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

iMac Pro 2017 / 8-core 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM