Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

SYMB_POS_X SYMB_POS_Y

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am attempting to write a 2d part that requires a fill. i have managed to create the fill pattern but am now trying to relocated the fill origin point
from the project origin to the cnr of the object.

to do this i think i need to to get the x,y coordinates of the part. i have been attempting to us the SYMB_POS_X SYMB_POS_Y to achieve this but the figures for the above remain at 0 no matter where i locate the part

i have used the SYMB_POS_Z command successfully in many parts, just cant seem to nut this one out

i am making the assumptions that 0,0 is set at the project origin & this is
unmovable & the insertion location of the part in 2D is X,Y
4 REPLIES 4
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
Try GLOB_WORLD_ORIGO_OFFSET_X

selfgdl
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Frank Beister
Advisor
I don't think GLOB_WORLD_ORIGO_OFFSET_X will help. If you try to use your both parameters in parameter script context: No chance. They are empty in this context.

If you designed a fill by DEFINE FILL I recommend to use it with project origin, because DEFINE FILL creates ONE fill pattern, which is defined by the last object instance of the project file, which was executed. If you use more than one of this objects placed in your project, the fill origin will change out of control. You could define fill parameters named by the object-GUID, but this will mess up your fill pattern fly out.

Would be helpful, you would post a script a screenshot.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
Maybe GLOB_WORLD_ORIGO_OFFSET_X helps together with SYMB_POS_X:
I do not know waht you exacltly want, bu´t try this little script for experimentation.

HOTSPOT2 0,0
HOTSPOT2 A,0
HOTSPOT2 A,B
HOTSPOT2 0,B

GX=GLOB_WORLD_ORIGO_OFFSET_X+SYMB_POS_X
GY=GLOB_WORLD_ORIGO_OFFSET_Y+SYMB_POS_Y

TEXT2 0,0,GX
TEXT2 0,-1,GY

DEFINE FILL "Quadrat" 32,16+64,8+128,16+64,32,0,0,0,
! skalierung,winkel,n
0.75, 000, 1,
! Linie 1 - frequenz,richtung,verschiebungX,verschiebungY,m
1.00, 0.00, GX, GY, 1, 1

FILL "Quadrat"

poly2_B 4,2+4,SYMB_VIEW_PEN,0, 0,0,0, a,0,0, a,b,0, 0,b,0
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks very much was able to get part running successfully, not really sure yet about the actual coding requirements for the DEFINE FILL command especially the status coding, managed to get to work thru trial & error though.

thanks again