BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Same mesh, Different output AC23

Too Long
Enthusiast
Hi guys.

I have copied a mesh from one job to another though the elevation views display the mesh in a different manner even though all settings are the same in both mesh and elevation marker. I have even copied in the elevation marker to no avail.

The look I am trying to achieve is to have the mesh dashed as pictured but the copied version shows it as solid as pictured.

Also, when I paste in the correct looking mesh its lines change from solid to dashed as pictured below.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to correct this please?
Thanks guys

AC26 AUS Full
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
The lines are probably due to your files Attributes.

Options => Element Attributes => Attribute Manager

The dashed line in Elevation is the mesh? Not just a manually drawn line? It is 2D in the drawing which, if it is the mesh, would imply a zero depth SECTION with the cut linetype set to dashed.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Too Long
Enthusiast
Hi Ling.

Yes the dashed line is the mesh not a drawn line.

The view is from an elevation not a section therefore it cant have a zero depth (i think).

Its the same mesh and the same view and the same attributes from the previous model but for some reason is displaying differently.
I just don't understand how, its very strange.

Thanks.

AC26 AUS Full
Anonymous
Not applicable
The dashed lines may be related with the elevation of the mesh. It may be that the mesh is above the Story and displaying dashed.
You could also check your Floor Plan Cut Plan (FPCP) to see if the Cut Plan is below the mesh, and therefore the mesh displays dashed.
HTH.
Learn and get certified!