Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Same stories - Interactive changing model

Hi, I'm doing apartment house which have 8 stories and from 2-7 stories are same.

I'm looking how to do model with all plans with the same changes.

For example when I move bed I would like to this change in all other plans

How you usually dealing with this problem ?

Right now I know there is this alternatives. I would like to have something like interactive copy of plan.

1. Copy every change to another stories ?

2. Making modules ?

3. Hotlink ?

Some other  ?

AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glori_aaa
Contributor

Hi there! 

I would use hotlinked modules, and in particular, the iceberg method. The iceberg method allows you to edit your hotlink within the same model file (makes it easier to reference all other floors) and makes the module hassle-free to reexport/update when editing is required.

Found this old doc from Graphisoft, you can read up more on the iceberg method here: 

[link to paid document removed by moderator]

The "Hotlink Management - Workflow Guide" can be purchased on the Graphisoft Learn Portal.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

I'd use hot linked modules.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Thanks

Is there some solution without saving and updating everytime ?
And what is better : modules or links ? Little bit confuse with differences between this . 

Do you know Lee ? 

AC 7 - 27 SWE

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
Solution
Glori_aaa
Contributor

Hi there! 

I would use hotlinked modules, and in particular, the iceberg method. The iceberg method allows you to edit your hotlink within the same model file (makes it easier to reference all other floors) and makes the module hassle-free to reexport/update when editing is required.

Found this old doc from Graphisoft, you can read up more on the iceberg method here: 

[link to paid document removed by moderator]

The "Hotlink Management - Workflow Guide" can be purchased on the Graphisoft Learn Portal.

Hope this helps!

Thank you 🙂

AC 7 - 27 SWE

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I have removed the link because it points to a document that is a paid reference. The "Hotlink Management - Workflow Guide" can be purchased on the Graphisoft Learn Portal.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

GS are thoroughly embarked on a mission to make the company detestable in every single field.

Only if you could add this reply as Edit to the @Glori_aaa solution to help searchers later understand where to go & even help Graphisoft selling this paid workflow guide.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Yes it is hard to have compassion for their alleged complicated situation which seem to be a constant battle against technical, informational and temporal factors when they at the same time are charging users for information about workflows to get basic functionality from a paid for application.

@Mahmoud Qenawi wrote:

Only if you could add this reply as Edit to the @Glori_aaa solution to help searchers later understand where to go & even help Graphisoft selling this paid workflow guide.

Done.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27