BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Save beam with complex profile as favorite

PVBergkrantz
Expert
Hello. I am trying to create a favorite of a beam I have set up that is using a complex profile, and it works if I use it right after creating it. If I however create more beams without a complex profile, and either apply my favorite to them, or try to create a new beam with the favorite they do not switch to complex profile mode, making the favorite useless.

Is this a known bug/feature or did I miss something in the process?
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

4 REPLIES 4
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I've not heard of this behaviour. If you can post some images on the process you are doing that might help us.

Are you using Favourites palette? Beam Settings and Favourites popup to apply?
Is pickup/inject working for you?

I see you're using AC21.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
PVBergkrantz
Expert
Sure, here are some screenshots. My favorites, notice the profile and the width. Selected first (steel) favorite and made a beam. Notice the width and profile, (the last beam I drew before had a different width but this profile, it seems only the width transfers). Then selected second favorite and drew a beam, same profile but the width changed (so the favorite selection was successful at least). Manually changed the profile and drew a beam. Then I picked up from the steel beam and injected into one of the others, only the width changed, not the profile.

So it seems the profile does not get changed with favorites or pickup/inject. I've checked my element transfer settings and checked to transfer everything for beams, makes no difference.

James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Thanks for the further details.

Does this happen in all projects on just 1? Can you upload a PLN or PLA? I'll see if I can reproduce it.
Also, it happens on all computers? Can you try on another machine?
You have the latest update to AC21?
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
PVBergkrantz
Expert
It used to happen on every file I created, however when I'm now looking for a file to show to you to test it seems to work. Not sure what has changed, but problem solved I guess.

Learn and get certified!