BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Saved 3d object has no 3d

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
I import a 3ds object = ok looks good in AC
I save the model as a .gsm
I place the .gsm on plan
I clean up the graphics.
I open library manager and tries to put the .gsm in a folder (not embedded)
Tha .gsm looks good in 2D but dosen't work in 3d.

I can only use the .gsm in the file where it's born...I want to extract the .gsm and sent to a client. I've done this before so I guess it's about embedded objects...but I cant figure it out!?
If someone knows please advice.

AC13

/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Mats,

When you save a model that contains placed objects, such as the converted 3ds (to gsm) object, the new mega gsm contains macro calls to the placed objects, not the actual geometry.

So, you need both your model gsm, as well as the gsm of the converted 3ds object to be loaded to see the 3D. (And, you'll need the textures folder for the 3ds object, too, if it had had textures applied.)

Not sure if that is what you were asking?

If necessary, when you save your entire model as gsm, save it as an editable object so that you can look at the scripts to find out what is going wrong when your converted 3ds object is called.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Karl wrote:

So, you need both your model gsm, as well as the gsm of the converted 3ds object to be loaded to see the 3D. (And, you'll need the textures folder for the 3ds object, too, if it had had textures applied.)

Cheers,
Karl
Brilliant Karl. Exactly my problem. From a 40mb object gsm I get a 25kb .gsm when trying to save it as an isolated object to send to a client. I need to read up on that.
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Learn and get certified!