BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Saving AC window as a *.tiff file format

Recently, I needed to save an Archicad .pln file in a *.tiff format .
The file was all text (a cover sheet for a project).

I was not sucesfull because when I open the .tif file in Phostoshop, the image size was too small. Increasing the image size is not an option because the text gets distorted.
I did the AC file as 1:1 and the image size of the .tif file showed up as a considerably smaller size.

Plotmaker was no help either

My question is ?
How do we save a 24" x 36" image in Archicad in as a.tif file to be sure that the image size when opened in an illustration program, is also 24 x 36?

Conrado Dominguez
Win XP Pro, AC8.1
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
Conrado wrote:
How do we save a 24" x 36" image in Archicad in as a.tif file to be sure that the image size when opened in an illustration program, is also 24 x 36?
Print to PDF, open the PDF in Photoshop, save to TIF.

The pixel size of any window is what you get when saving - so either get your resolution up to the max and see what you get, or go the Photoshop way.

At 150 dpi, your 36" (longer) side should be 5400 pixels ... hm ... have still to see a monitor that supports that resolution.

And why TIF? If it is a cover sheet, why not just get it into PlotMaker?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Thanks Djordge.

The text for the cover sheet has a space allocated for a .tif rendering done outside of our office, in color, and calibrated to our printing service devices. The insertion will be made by the printer.

However, I always forget "Publishing".
This is what I did.
Published to file using EPS. It worked perfectly for the purpose. The size is defined when I asked Photoshop to open the EPS file. All very simple.

Sometimes, all I have to do is describe the problem in writing, look around the options in AC8, (and I mean dig around)and "viola" there is the answer.

Again, thanks for your help and Seasons Greetings to you and your family.

Conrado
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
JaredBanks
Mentor
Has nothing changed with making .tif files in ArchiCAD in the last 5 years? Our new print company would prefer we send them .tif files. We're mainly using AC11, though AC12 is in the office (and yet to be used).

I'm hoping there is something. The PDF to photoshop route sounds very very time consuming.

thanks,

jared
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Learn and get certified!