BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Saving new view to appear on the top of View Map

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a minor grievance, but every time I save a new View by default it appears at the bottom of the View map, then I have to drag it all the way to where I want it (which is usually in the top half).

Is there any way to set it so that by default when you save a new View it appears at the top of the View map list as opposed to the bottom?
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
No, but you can use the Organiser and drag from the Project Map to the exact spot you want it in the View Map.
Make sure you have all the correct settings for layer combo, scale, pen set, GO, etc., and then just drag from left (project map) to the right (view map).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK - thanks Barry. My current layout has the organiser hidden so I don't use it that often. Maybe I need to change this.......
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you have some view map folders set up in your template for the different project stages, IFC exports and such, you can save views in those folders, saves a bit of the dragging around. We also have a 'recycle bin' folder at the bottom, where we can drop folders that are no longer current for the project, like previous design stages.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
That sounds promising - how do you save views directly into the View map folders?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Select the folder (or another view in the folder) when you create a clone or save a view. It also keeps your view map tidy (having some folder structure).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brilliant, thank you. I didn't know about this. Yes I do view map folders a lot, but I was always saving a new view via right clicking the tab on the top and going "save as view". Thanks!
Learn and get certified!