BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Scale 1:1 problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone. I would like to talk about a problem i'm facing for some time now. Although i'm working on archicad all of my partners work on autocad. I've been facing problems while sending them a .dwg file for them to work on.

After some trials I realised that only if i exported a 1:1 scale of the model they would receive a drawing in the correct scale (users of autocad draw in 1:1). This created many problems for me as the dimensions would not scale down from my original 1:50 drawings so the exported file was unreadable due to the large size of the dimensions. Also the fills would drive them crazy because autocad's background is not white and they would print solid black where it should be transparent.

Since I wanted to avoid the fuss of creating a different version for the dimensions in 1:1 in a different layer as I have read here in the forum, I decided to draw myself in 1:1 using the line tool and create a separate 3d model if needed. To my great disappointment now when I print the 1:1 drawing in 1:50 although i get all the scales right the line widths appear all the same. This is solved if I change the scale to 1:50, but guess what. The dimensions are once again out of scale.

Can someone please help me with this? I am so desperate that I'm thinking to switch to autocad so that I can work seamlessly with my partners.
Thank you
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!