Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Scale sensitive not working in section

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I'm noticing something strange.

When I place a door or window in ArchiCAD, and I activate the option "scale sensitive", works great in plan. There is a difference between 1:300 and 1:20. That's fine.

The problem is when I look at a section. The drawing is exactly the same, in 1:20 or 1:1000.

I hope I'm doing something wrong, because it is not acceptable...

Any ideas of my mistake? Thank you!!
7 REPLIES 7
Erich
Contributor
The section views are representations of the 3D model. Unless the part you are using is scripted to show differently at different scales, the sensitivity will have no effect.

While I rarely use this feature in my residential work, I think it is generally only scripted in 2D where you might use the plan at multiple scales.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I think it is useful to have different scale sections, for environment and building.

I'm using standard AC objects, and I'm really dissapointed that my sections are not displayed equal as my plant using the same scale, ex 1:300.

I suppose somebody has had this problem... I was thinking in hidding the doors, but, doors are in the same layer as walls, and I need walls.

I'm sorry but I can't believe nobody has talked about it, or asked Graphisoft if this is going to change.

Thank you.
Erich
Contributor
You could turn off the doors using the Filter Objects in 3D... command found under the view menu then save this an a new view. I haven't tried but it might work for you.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Diana:

In the Library that comes with the US version of ArchiCAD (I don't know if your version is identical), for example for the D1 13 door, under D1 USA Settings > General Settings, there is a pop up list under 3D Detail Level for: Detailed, Simple and Off. Also, under Model View Options > Options for GDL Objects (ArchiCAD Library 13) > is an option for hiding Door Handles and Knobs in 3D.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich wrote:
You could turn off the doors using the Filter Objects in 3D... command found under the view menu then save this an a new view.
Erich, sorry, I am not able to find that option for only one section... 😞
David wrote:
Also, under Model View Options > Options for GDL Objects (ArchiCAD Library 13) > is an option for hiding Door Handles and Knobs in 3D.
Thank you David, this option has saved my life.
Anonymous
Not applicable
to Filter Objects in 3D

1 - A 3D window must be open (or some menu options will be greyed out).
2 - >View >Elements in 3D view >Filter Elements in 3D.
3 - Uncheck Doors.

See attached.

For the one section - does the "saved view" feature Erich suggested work?

Snap
Erich
Contributor
my advice was untested and does not work. David's suggestion is much better if you are using V13 or later. For older versions you can change the MVO for doors to opening only,
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Learn and get certified!