BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Schedule object / mirrored object

Fredrikcastilla
Newcomer
Hi,

I'm trying to schedule the quantity of a certain object in my project. The object can be placed both mirrored an non-mirrored and i can´t figure out how to schedule if the object is mirrored or not.

Is there a way to schedule this variable?

(I´m not much of a GDL-programmer)
AC 21- Imac - MacOS Sierra
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is possible to do but you have to do a bit of GDL Scripting.
I attached the GDL Object. It is the "Bench 21" object available in the default library, slightly modified.
What I did is I created a new parameter in the GDL object, then used the Parameter Script to assign the value of the global GDL variable storing the "Mirrored" state of the object to the parameter. Saved the Object. Then I scheduled the Object, scheduling also this newly created Object parameter.
You would have to do the following steps in your Object (each different Objects) for this to work in Schedules:

1. Open the Object for Editing.
2. In the GDL Editor, create a new parameter. Mine is called "ObjMirrored", its description says "Object is Mirrored", its type is "Boolean". It is not set to be hidden (hidden GDL parameters cannot be scheduled, only visible ones).
3. Go to the Parameter Script of the Object and assign to this parameter the value of the global GDL variable storing the mirrored state of the object. This is the SYMB_MIRRORED variable. So it goes like this:
PARAMETERS ObjMirrored = SYMB_MIRRORED
4. Save the Object.
5. In the Schedule, click the down-pointing arrow button to the right of the Add Fields button and select the "Library Part Parameters" option. In the appearing Dialog, find the object in the list, and in the bottom left portion select the parameter just created and click the Add button to add to Schedule Fields.
6. Generate the Schedule. The parameter should be displayed in the Schedule as a checkbox that can be checked or unchecked.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is possible to do but you have to do a bit of GDL Scripting.
I attached the GDL Object. It is the "Bench 21" object available in the default library, slightly modified.
What I did is I created a new parameter in the GDL object, then used the Parameter Script to assign the value of the global GDL variable storing the "Mirrored" state of the object to the parameter. Saved the Object. Then I scheduled the Object, scheduling also this newly created Object parameter.
You would have to do the following steps in your Object (each different Objects) for this to work in Schedules:

1. Open the Object for Editing.
2. In the GDL Editor, create a new parameter. Mine is called "ObjMirrored", its description says "Object is Mirrored", its type is "Boolean". It is not set to be hidden (hidden GDL parameters cannot be scheduled, only visible ones).
3. Go to the Parameter Script of the Object and assign to this parameter the value of the global GDL variable storing the mirrored state of the object. This is the SYMB_MIRRORED variable. So it goes like this:
PARAMETERS ObjMirrored = SYMB_MIRRORED
4. Save the Object.
5. In the Schedule, click the down-pointing arrow button to the right of the Add Fields button and select the "Library Part Parameters" option. In the appearing Dialog, find the object in the list, and in the bottom left portion select the parameter just created and click the Add button to add to Schedule Fields.
6. Generate the Schedule. The parameter should be displayed in the Schedule as a checkbox that can be checked or unchecked.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo!

Works fine!
Learn and get certified!