Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Scheduling and Module Wishes (Maybe I'm Not Doing It Right)

Anonymous
Not applicable
First time posting, etc. etc. Also, fairly novice ArchiCAD 17 user.

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but I'm having some issues getting data into a schedule.

For starters, I have a series of flat plans in module files, that are referenced into the main building plans (all this in a teamwork project). So what I'd like to be able to do is:

A) I'd love to be able to reserve elements in referenced modules from the main PLN file.
B) If I could reserve elements, I could then, in theory, edit their data in a schedule from the main PLN file.
C) Do the "User Defined" sections in an elements settings relate to anything available in a schedule? And vice versa, do the "Custom Text" fields apply back to the elements?

Any of these would be very handy, as it's a massive pain having to open each individual module, edit each door in their settings dialogue box, and then re-open the main PLN file to update all the instances and not be able to edit the doors data from a schedule.

Any help would be much appreciated, and please tell me if I'm coming at this from the wrong angle, as ArchiCAD seems to be the kind of program that you can do most things in an infinite number of ways.

Muchos regards.
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
For A) and B) the answer is that they are not possible to do.

For C): By "User Defined" I assume that you mean the User Defined parameters under the Parameters for Listing group. Yes, you can use any of these in Schedules. These are Text parameters so you can just type any text for the value.
In the Scheme Setup Dialog, where you define your Interactive Schedule, in the Fields panel you can add any parameter from any object in linked libraries to the fields to be listed in the Schedule (see image).
Then these parameters will appear in the Schedule, where you can edit them and the changes made in the Schedule will be propagated to the Model elements.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's the one! Thank you.

Blimey! There really are an absolute ton of options in there.

The reservations thing would be handy. Maybe in version 18?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, it would be great, but I think technologically it is a big development.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27