Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Scrollwork method

Josh Verran
Expert

Any suggestions on how to achieve something similar to the image below.
I'm thinking the method would be to create one segment as a curtain wall panel then repeat using curtain wall.

But haven't done before and be interested to see what other users have done.

Scrollwork.jpg

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
14 REPLIES 14

I use my own custom objects for things like that. I like my control lol. 

I'm curious too as I have never used the curtain wall.

Given my knowledge now I would use my wall coverings and a little gdl to do exactly what you see.

Lingwisyer
Guru

Are you required to provide drawings to produce this scrollwork? If not, could you just use a texture? This being even more viable in 25 given that you can show actual textures in elevation and section?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
ryejuan
Advisor

i think you can create a complex profile for curtain wall then replace the panel of that curtain wall into that complex profile. 🤔

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Lingwisyer
Guru

Unless they have fixed it, the issue with Custom CW Panels is that they do not trim to the boundary...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Rajesh Patil
Expert

If you looking for just for the presentation then you may try this exercise shown in my you tube video. https://youtu.be/6048x8LpFcM

Not suitable for any detailing or such design needs.

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB
Djordje
Ace

Curtain wall can work for repeated pattern. This also can be done with railing.

You should go crazy and model everything... like Vinoth did here... all in all, over 9 million polygons are already in the model, and the work is ongoing...

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
4dProof
Advisor

my first impression: model one segment of the panel with a slab, save the slab as a rail panel, model the full width/length with the railing tool

second thought: photoshop a png with transparent background, model as a morph with a surface using the png (downside would be it would need to be 0" thick)

third option would be to model the repeating panel with a slab as suggested above, save as an object, and add a ROTx 90 line at the front of the 3d script and replace the 2d script with PROJECT2 3,270,2; then place and copy the pattern around

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

This is perfect other than the only thing I would say is that if you save the object in asymmetric view correctly the 2D will be what you want without a rotate command

how's his computer handling it?

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards