BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Scrollwork method

Josh Verran
Expert

Any suggestions on how to achieve something similar to the image below.
I'm thinking the method would be to create one segment as a curtain wall panel then repeat using curtain wall.

But haven't done before and be interested to see what other users have done.

Scrollwork.jpg

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
14 REPLIES 14
David Collins
Advocate

It seems like both the railing and the curtainwall solutions assume the basic fretwork modules will fit perfectly in between the columns. Easier I think to just do it all with morphs. Copy the basic module, Union them into one morph and trim to fit.

But really, this kind of thing just cries out for loopy GDL with a stretchy 2d symbol. Is Param-O up to it yet?

David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)

True, thats why I scripted a panel that gets its content from a complex profile, but would get trimmed.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

The machine is sometimes sweating...

Objective? What is the objective of the architectural engineering consultant, with supervision, on a project? 😄

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Lingwisyer
Guru

Custom panels not cropping might not be an issue here, as from the photo, if it is not just and example, there are walls abutting both sides of scrollwork, so you could just align the pattern to the outside corner and have the excess hidden by the walls.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Eugene
Contributor

I have done this by drawing a complex profile for the full span between posts, then placing it as a ~25mm long beam (i.e. perpendicular to the direction you would typically draw a beam). If you only have a couple of bay sizes I have found it manageable.

Learn and get certified!