BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Secondary origin keeps appearing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad 20 keeps displaying a secondary origin (user origin), i never use this origin and suddenly appeared out of nowhere in one of my projects, and now is showing in every project i open, i reset it to the project origin by double clicking on the origin icon in the standard toolbar, only to see it again five minutes after.

Is there a way to completely disable this function?
Or some setting to keep it from appearing?

Archicad 20
Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
welko3d:

On Windows, the keyboard shortcut for setting the User Origin is Alt + Shift (Option + Shift on Mac) and I do not think this can be disabled. You may be accidentally pressing this combination when activating other commands.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes i'm aware of the key shortcut for the custom origin, and no i'm not pressing them keys by accident, if this where the case, the secondary origin would be appearing in random locations, "my user origin" keeps appearing in the same spot, always in the same exact spot, in fact is happening not only in one file but in all of the files i'm currently working on, and is the same spot (x-y coordinates from project origin)

This morning i removed it by double clicking on the correspondent icon then saved the file, closed the file, open it again and, there it was again!

I mean it's not interfering with my work, but is still annoying to see the program doing stuff on its own.

It may be a bug, or something corrupted in my installation, i may reinstall the program and see if this corrects the problem.

anyways, thanks for your entry.
jclewis
Booster
I have the same issue. No solution yet.
James C Lewis
AC 24 (Full)
Mac Pro (Late 2013) OS 10.13.5
There is no way to "remove" the user origin, you just are relocating it to the project origin. If you use snap guides, it will jump to the snap guide in use, if it hasn't been moved off of the project origin already. See http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-20/archicad-20-reference-guide/interaction/origins/

I'm not sure why you would even WANT to remove the user origin. It's very useful for measuring relative distances.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Learn and get certified!