Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Section cutting plane normal to a road path

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to build a road on sloped terrain, along the path thickness and width both varies, the best way to document those changes would be to make a series of cross sections of the road, the thing is that section marker seems to cut the road only vertically and i don't get the real thickness of all the components on it. I surely miss something as Archicad can show the model in real time with multiple angled cutting sections activated.

Thanks in advance
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
at that time i did not check as it should the same setting as the other quote, but I'll check right now ....
It is set to measured value

By the way I also tried to set the working plane parallel to the custom cutting plane before I inserted the quotes, but the result is the same.
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did some tests, and it seems that you have used the roof with vertical edge, right?
Then if you select the roof top and bottom nodes in the 3d doc, it will give you the vertical dimension.
On the other hand, if you select the roof top and bottom edges, it will give you the correct one.
Can you confirm this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do confirm that selecting the edges instead of the nodes the quote return effectively the right thickness, I did change the roof edge setting a couple of time to see if it change something: it seems it doesn't. Anyway I post my initial roof settings.

You definitely found what I could have never imagined it would have an effect on the quoting result. Well done. Bravo!

Let's hope this post will help someone else!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are welcome.
Well... IMO it looks like a bug.
Perhaps contacting your local support about this issue would be a good idea.
Cheers,