BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Sections of wall not showing when trimmed to roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I am new to Archicad and this forum. I am currently having problems with some walls on my current project. I have roofs on this project of varying heights and when trimming some of the walls that are under various roofs they have sections disappear on 3d images. So when I send this plan to the frame manufacturer I will have problems as it won't display the full walls. How do I overcome this problem? Please see picture below. You will notice some of the exterior wall s missing below the lower roof line and above also. How do I rectify this? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you also show a Floor Plan view that shows the dimensions and extents of those Walls and Roofs?
Are those single-plane roofs or multi-plane roofs?
Also, are you using the "Crop to single-plane Roof" command or the "Trim Elements to Roof/Shell" command?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DGSketcher
Legend
If your trim a wall to a roof and the wall is outside the plan area of the roof it will disappear. If the wall is part under the roof then the wall will be cut back (thinned) to only show what is under the roof. Roof trimming can get a bit complex when you have overlaps.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your replies Laszlo and DG.
Laszlo I will get a floor plan view to load. I trimmed walls to roof. There are two roofs that cover this wall but I have trimmed only to one roof? Is it possible to trim to two roofs?
Szabolcs Miko
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

This is a summary page where you can read more about the topic and will lead you to other articles:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/65079/

When you seek an answer to your question, HelpCenter is a good place to start.

Szabolcs Mikó

Education Program Manager

Learn and get certified!