Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Segmented Column in Plan

TracyGA
Contributor

I was using the segmented column in my project and noticed that all of my column line pens were being overridden to a single pen rather than the pens I've set up in the complex profile.  If I remove the various segments in the column the line weights of the specific profile show up correctly.  Is this a glitch on version 25 or does it have something to do with the new structural options in v25 (or other)?

3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend

It may be a planned limitation imposed by the segmenting process to simplify the column linework and a column uses the values set in the Floor Plan & Section settings for 3D and elevation views but still uses the pens in the complex profile definition for section cuts. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
TracyGA
Contributor

I don't think that is the case.  Even if I change the segmented column to use just 2 segments without complex profiles (just a concrete building material), it overrides the color, but I know that they are being cut.  If I remove the segments but keep the column at the same overall height, it cuts correctly.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Tracy, can you show a few screenshots:

1. How the Profile looks in the Profile Editor.

2. How it looks on the Floor Plan.

3. What are the settings in the "Floor Plan & Section" page of the Column Settings Dialog.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27