Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Select on a specific Dimension Markers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I have trouble select the whole dimension markers especially this kind of elevation marker "see the screenshot with red arrow". Every time, I click Dimension Tool, then use find&select search to select the marker. It won't appear. Why is that? I'm sick of clicking individual on all "elevation marker" every time.

I am cleaning up my templates and revised. That's why I'm beyond frustrating with this kind of dimension tool. Anyone know the tips how to select this specific marker? I'm wondering if I am only one notice this kind of problem.

Thank you for your input.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Find & Select can find 'dimensions' but it can't select individual dimension construction types.

The only way I can think of to be able to isolate just the elevation dimensions would be to use a unique pen colour for the marker and add that to your search criteria.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,

Thank you for the input.
I wish Archicad designed all of dimension in same way. It'd be easier to pick up at once.

My co worker said that it is kind of weird method when drag the whole drawing and carefully un-click on elevation marker "dot" and click twice then right click on blank drawing surface and click the dimension setting and the elevation marker showed up. He agreed that the whole dimension tool should be able to show up no matter what, not separate. This was just happened to be discussed today.

But, thank you for the input that is something I will considered about pen set which I would rather to use.

Paige
Stress Co_
Advisor
- Marquee an area around all the markers you want to select (so as NOT to select unwanted markers).
- Activate the Dimension tool.
- Select all (Command A on a Mac keyboard)

Also:
With shift key held down... zooming out a bit sometimes makes it easier to select.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stress Co,

Thank you for the tip. That does help a lot! That's what I was looking for.

Paige