Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Select previous

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another very useful option that I am used to from other CAD programs is the "select previous". Lets say you pick some objects, then unpick those by a mistake, or you need to do another operation on those objects, do you really need to pick them again??
12 REPLIES 12
Eduardo Rolon
Almost doable, the trick in AC is to do "Undo" and a "Redo" then you will get the previous selection
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
sure thing, but I don't want to undo the operation..
Eduardo Rolon
Use UNDO then do a REDO
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just be careful tho, as if you undo a "Drag a copy" command, for example, the original items copied will be selected, as well as the new copy. In that case, Undo, deselect, Redo.
Anonymous
Not applicable
But the thing is, let's say you picked a 100 objects, move those and then you want to do another operation with the objects, but keep them in that positon in the previous operation.
In every program I have used there's a select previous command...
It is not the same as undo/redo
Barry Kelly
Emil1973 wrote:
But the thing is, let's say you picked a 100 objects, move those and then you want to do another operation with the objects, but keep them in that positon in the previous operation.
In every program I have used there's a select previous command...
It is not the same as undo/redo
Firstly if I wanted to further edit those objects I wouldn't deselect them.
But if I did then the undo & redo will leave them exactly where they were but will have them all selected and then you can edit them.

You could also group them while they are selected so then with your grouping enabled if you select one then all will select.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also miss this feature. I'm working in a teamwork project and when I have selected some object from lets say a schedule and they end up being reserved by someone else, then I have request them. When the request is granted I need to run a send/receive and that is when they are deselected hence I have not edited them. So I have to go back to the schedule and select them again, that is time consuming.
riyadist
Booster
There should be previous select option!
Podolsky
Ace
Instead of that in ArchiCAD another quite useful function, called 'repeat last operation' ctrl+B.

Guys, we can live without select previous. It's manageable.