BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.
SOLVED!

Selected Element Classification is not available for this element

Anonymous
Not applicable
What does it even mean?

I can't add any properties to any elements. That's so bad that even renders all my grasshopper work useless.
AC 23 RUS
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Max,

This turned out to be a known issue to us. Although the data is transferred to AC, due to missing classification in the code, GHAC connection throws an error. The same goes for extracting property settings from ARCHICAD elements in Grasshopper. This issue has been fixed and it is expected to be released with the second update of the addon!

I hope this will answer your questions! Should you have any further issue feel free to let me know!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What is it exactly you are trying to do?
Are you trying to define a new Property for an element type?
Are you trying to modify the value of a Property of an element?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
What is it exactly you are trying to do?
Are you trying to define a new Property for an element type?
Are you trying to modify the value of a Property of an element?
Hi Laszlo

I'm trying to create a new archicad element with grasshopper. While doing it I want to assign a classification to this element and set some properties to it. Whenever I choose any classification with a right mouse button menu it gives an error in the Object Settings component.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question and I am sorry about the issue!

Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate it. I'm also curious, which classification/property do you want to add? Because for me, after adding any property, the "input" side of the component should be added, like the screenshot below:

Could you elaborate a bit more about this, please?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Minh
Thanks for looking into the problem.

If you change your object settings component into "Use existing library part" mode it will turn red with the exception I was talking about. Or try using Wall settings, Beam settings etc. None of them work for me, I tried different PCs and different localizations AC23 RUS and AC23 INT.

Best,
Max
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's a short video how to reproduce a bug
I've just intalled a new AC INT DEMO and the latest AC-GH connection.

https://youtu.be/gtPuGzFtvrE
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Max,

Thank you for the clarification! For Object Settings, this issue can be explained by the GHAC Live Connection User Guide, page 45:

If you select "Use Existing Library Part", it will load the properties of an existing Library Part from the ARCHICAD project. Therefore, if you try to put in new properties, the component will refuse to take in, leading to the error here.

For Wall settings component, unfortunately, I don't have any explanation for that. However, in my test, the properties are still successfully sent to ARCHICAD, although the same error message appears. I will ask a developer to see why it shows up like this. I'll let you know once I have the explanation from them!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the feedback, Minh!

I did another test and as you said the archicad recieves the properties no matter what. Though I can't extract these properties directly from the settings. Weird...
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Max,

This turned out to be a known issue to us. Although the data is transferred to AC, due to missing classification in the code, GHAC connection throws an error. The same goes for extracting property settings from ARCHICAD elements in Grasshopper. This issue has been fixed and it is expected to be released with the second update of the addon!

I hope this will answer your questions! Should you have any further issue feel free to let me know!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool! Thanks!
Learn and get certified!