BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Selecting and deleting Duplicate elements (ex. Polylines)

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you select and delete numerous identical objects?

In particular, I have received a site plan from city authorities, where many polylines are duplicated one above each other. Deleting every duplicate one after another will take ages.
Not mentioning the matter of efficiency (the file is really heavy), those duplicates can cause me a problem when I want to Lasercut a mockup out of them. Multiple lines one above each other will force the drawing to cut much longer and if I want to just engrave some lines, they will cut through instead of engraving.

So, do you know any solution?

I've looked up the topic through the web, but whatever I find usually concerns duplicate objects in the Library (in ex. chairs etc) or using the 'Find and select elements' tool, which apparently doesn't work for this problem.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
In Archicad go into the HELP menu and look for either "Downloads", Add-ons" or "Goodies".
Sorry I don't have Archicad in front of me at the moment.

You want to download and install an add-on (or Goodie as it is sometimes called) called "Check Duplicates".

This will do what you are looking for so long as the elements is an exact duplicate - for any element type - lines, fills, walls, roofs, etc.

Also if it is just lines and fills you are worried about then you should have line consolidation and fill consolidation tools in your tool bar and menus.
These can be more powerful than the check for duplicates as it can combine overlapping lines and fills rather than deleting just exact duplicates.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, this sounds to work for me, I will check it when I come back from classes though.
Learn and get certified!