Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Set roof pitch to 1% or less, different sides

canvea
Booster
Hi everyone! I am trying to use the roof tool to model a football field with a 1% pitch (or less) on four sides, however Archicad 23 only allows me to pick a 1,746% pitch, which makes the tool useless.. I assume the reason is that this number is hard to consolidate with all meeting points in the roof surface, but I would at least prefer that Archicad told me this, in stead of just reverting back to this annoying number 1,746 when I try to change it.

Is there a way to get the pitch to be 1% or less, and the four sides just adjusting to each other? If that makes sense. The sides don't all need to be the same pitch, just less than 1%. See attached photo for an illustration of my problem.
AC24 Norway • Fujitsu • Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz • 32GB ram • Windows 10 Pro • NVIDIA Quadro P4000
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
canvea:

Rather than the Multi-Plane Roof you could use four Single-Plane Roofs, which allow 0˚ angles. For a large terrain like this I would use the Mesh Tool.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
canvea
Booster
Thanks, I thought that's what I'd have to do.. Would be nice to have it as one single element though. And I'll add a signature!
AC24 Norway • Fujitsu • Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz • 32GB ram • Windows 10 Pro • NVIDIA Quadro P4000