Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Several wall configurations in one model

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

Work flow question here. In SD my firm likes to show the client three different options for how to layout the interiors of a space. Usually this means that we will have three different wall configurations in each plan. Now when "Space Option 1" (SO1) is on a hidden layer and "Space option 2" (SO2) is on a visible layer, the invisible walls from SO1 cut through the walls in "SO2". This is especially visible in 3D.

I've resigned myself to making 3 different models for now, but is there a workflow that addresses this issue? Or an option I can change on the walls?

Any advice would be appreciated !
3 REPLIES 3
That does not need to be a problem for you. It's just a matter of Layer Intersection Group Numbers and Building Material Intersect Priority values. And there are some other options for controlling this as well.
Graphic Override Options, Model View Options, etc... several different ways to go about it.

I would start with the Layer Intersection Group Numbers and Building Material Intersect Priority values.
You may also want to use Stories as a way to keep the various floor plans separate. This will allow you to use Trace Reference Splitter without quite so many Layers and Layer Combos.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh, thank you so much Steve, your reply helped me solve the mystery of what those numbers are next to the layers! Layer intersect worked really well.
Out of curiosity how would you use graphic overrides to solve this issue? I'm still learning a lot about archicad and feel like I've only scratched the surface of that feature.

Best,
SJ
Barry Kelly
Maybe you can use the renovation filters for your design options instead of layers.
See here ...

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=62553&p=287052&hilit=renovation#p287052

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11