Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Shortcut key for confirmation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ! Simple question.
Is there shortcut for confirmation in Archicad? For example when drawing chained wall or placing a dimension
needs to toggle context menu and choose "ok", which keyboard shortcut is for that "ok" operation?
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
Just click again on your last node. For chained walls, beams and lines anyway. Do not recall this working with dimensions...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
For a chained wall, just double click on the last point you place - no need for keyboard shortcut or right click context menu.
Or click to place the last point, hover the mouse over it and press ENTER - if you really want to use the keyboard.
Or ENTER twice, once to place the last point and the second to end the command.

When placing a dimension, pick the points, double click to say you are finished (this is the 'OK' step) and then click where you want the dimension to be placed.
Again no need for any keyboard shortcuts or right click context menus.

ENTER generally will act as 'OK', except in the case of dimensioning where it thinks you want to add another point.
Double ENTER does not act as a double click or OK either - it just adds a dimension point and then removes it.

So basically, double mouse click to OK (end command).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
runxel
Legend
I for sure like to have a dedicated command.
And yes! We are lucky there is a special, assignable command.
It's just called "OK". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»