Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Show All Parameters for reduced input / Update Compability of customized library parts

sl
Participant

Hi, I found this post in the inactvie gdl forum about hideparameter all with a solution by Dominika Bobály how to get the All Parameters list back in a library object. With that solution in mind I‘d like to create a reduced All Parameters Lists for some doors and windows within the standard AC library where hideparameters all is active, but with the most important settings excluded. This should leed e.g. to a door object where the user should be able to input the most important settings only in one reduced list without having to scroll through all GUI tabs of this door object. 

My question is how to migrate such minimally customized objects from one AC version to another. The hideparameter all setting is located within a macro - do I have to rewrite that macro when we install a new version of AC everytime? Or is there some automated process how to migrate customized library parts?

Thanks, 
SL

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

@sl wrote:

My question is how to migrate such minimally customized objects from one AC version to another. The hideparameter all setting is located within a macro - do I have to rewrite that macro when we install a new version of AC everytime? Or is there some automated process how to migrate customized library parts?

If what you need is in a macro, then there nothing that you will need to re-write.

Just make sure that macro is in your loaded library so you custom objects can CALL it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

You've got it the opposite way I think, Barry.

What the OP is trying to do is to change ("hijack") a macro, which is called by all standard OOTB windows/doors.

So instead of having a custom object, only the macro should be customized.

When loading objects with the same name, the one loaded first wins. You would've needed to get rid of the original macro.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Thank you two for your answers! Yes, runxel, my goal is to change one line of code in the two macros the inside and outside doors (probably also windows…) are calling. Right now I‘m able to achieve this only by also changing the parameters of the door objects themselves: By moving all the parameters that should be seen by the user underneath one specific, newly created heading and telling the macro that this heading should be seen. Is there a way to pick parameters in the hideparameter all „ac_….“, „gs_…“ line in the macro itself directly without the workaround described? This way the only thing that would have been rewritten with every AC update is this single line in the macro…I guess (I‘m new to gdl as you can guess ;)). By the way, your GDL plugin to sublime is great (especially the fact you can use it within Textastic on ipados ; ))!