Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Show Existing Overhead Roof as Dashed on Floor Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel like I'm missing something really simple here - Is it possible to show an existing (overhead) roofline as dashed on a ground floor plan? I am finding it is shown as solid unless I set its Renovation Status to New.... Do I need to use Graphic Overrides?
Cheers for any help!
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Would be good to know which ARCHICAD version you are using, but generally, you can do this in the last several versions for sure.
In the "Floor Plan and Section" panel of the Roof Settings Dialog, there are Pen and Line Type settings for both Uncut Lines (lines below the Floor Plan Cut Plane) and Overhead Lines. But for Overhead Line Type and Pen settings fields to be displayed in the Settings Dialog, make sure that the "Floor Plan Display" field is set to either "Projected with Overhead" or "Overhead All".
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks so much for your fast reply Laszlo! I actually had all of those things set already..just realized I had an override set for Planned Status. Sorry to bother you, but you have helped my understanding of the roof settings also - I'm very grateful!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You are welcome.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27