BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Show all parameters?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all.
I'm working in AC21. Has anyone come up with a way to show all parameters in the properties dialog?

Doug
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
You will have to edit the object's script.
You will find GS has added a ...
hideparameter all "A", "B", "ZZYZX"
command in the parameter script.
This will hide all parameters except A, B and ZZYZX.

You will need to comment this line out.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry.

I should have mentioned that this in a door object. The first thing I looked for was "hide parameter" The parameter script is empty. Am I going to have to dig through all called macros to find it?

Doug
Barry Kelly
4thorns wrote:
Am I going to have to dig through all called macros to find it?
Yes, I would assume so.
I'm not sure how many levels of macros you will have to go through.
It might be just the first called macro or it could be in all of them.

The problem is if you amend and save the macros, then next time there is a library update you will have to do it all again.
There is a library update on the way - INT library has already been updated - just waiting now for other flavours.

GS should really add a switch to allow the parameters to be hidden or not - or better still just don't hide them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have my own library folder that is loaded along with the AC21 folder that I can save macros to but what a pain in the butt! It almost seems that Graphisoft felt a need to make it difficult to save user defined objects because they don't want us "Stealing" them for profit. I have no desire to do that. We just have a certain way we want them displayed and scheduled. We have several AC18 doors and windows with scripts that I've modified that have served our purpose. I am merely truing to upgrade them to AC21 objects. I'm finding it hard to come up with any other reason for them to not let me easily do that.

I agree 100%. Give us the option again to show all.

Doug
Learn and get certified!