Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Show opening symbol while hiding slab

PVBergkrantz
Expert

Hello. I was wondering if there is a way to show the symbols for openings in a slab while hiding the slab itself. We use the opening tool to model ventilation shafts and so on, which we would like to see in the floor plan drawings, but we would not like to show the outlines of the slabs, which can sometimes create extra lines that can be confusing.

For example in a scenario like this, where the slab becomes a terrace, but meets the exterior wall on the story below. In the future we might model the terrace as a separate slab from the inside floor, but the bottom part of the slab, the concrete will still extend as shown, and that is the slab that will have the openings in them.

PVBergkrantz_0-1634291144704.png

PVBergkrantz_1-1634291174225.png

| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

I don't think there is a way to do that.

But you could use a cross symbol object instead or in the case you show I would extend the slab to eliminate the double line and let building material priority fix the connection. If the wall should remove part of the slab, the wall material just needs to be stronger than the slab to show the correct section.

Or I might model the finish of that balcony to hide things.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Yes I considered those alternative, but I thought I would check first to see if there was something I had missed. It is so very useful to just use one object for the shafts, making sure they are the same in 3d, section and 2d. But seems like a real downside that its display is linked to the object it cuts, since other aspects of it works so independently.

| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |