Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Sidelights in door schedule

sknsnw9
Booster

How do I include the sidelights in the door schedule?  The door itself is a double 6' wide with 2 3' sidelights on both side of the door making the opening 12' wide.

Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein

I assume that you created your door with something like D2 2Sidelight 24 which is a double interior door with sidelights on either side?

Typically, the default size doors with sidelights would be manufactured as a single mulled unit, at least in the US.  But, with 3' wide sidelights, that is unlikely.  So, as is usually the case, you should model the way it will be built, which would be to mull onsite  a prehung double door with individual 3' "windows" (sidelights), which from the same manufacturer would most likely be matching glazed door panels mounted in a fixed frame.  As far as I know anyway.   For example, use the D1 24 as your sidelights and the D2 24 as the double leaf door.

By using the ID field (or another field) you can have the three components grouped near each other in your schedule.  Tick the appropriate Ganging boxes in the Fixtures and Fittings settings panel to have the trim merge for the appearance you intend for elevations/3D.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
sknsnw9
Booster

Karl,

Awesome, thanks.  Yes I did use the D2 2sidelight 24 door.  I'll give that a try and see how that works.  Didn't think to use it separately.  I'm also assuming they will make this door in one piece at the company instead of putting together on site.  So if that's the case then I need to add the rough opening in the schedule and the company will figure out the sidelight size?

Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

Hi Karl,

What if the sidelights are 15 inches wide? I believe these are usually installed as one unit - at least that’s how they’re indicated in our door manufacturer’s specs. Thanks!

If you use one object (i.e. door with sidelights), then you will have one item in your schedule.

If you have used separate door and sidelight object, they will appear as separate objects in you schedule.

Archicad does not have the ability to blend objects together.

Maybe you could select them together and save them as a new door object.

You will be able to schedule that but you may not get the same information as the other door objects.

I have done that to create one window from many parts, but I have never had the need to schedule it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11