Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Simpson Strong Ties [US Library]

sknsnw9
Booster
What's the best methods to use Simpson Strong Ties? I noticed that there's a list in the Detailer library 24, but that all seems to be in 2D and it's not very BIMY when it's not in all view and would like to have a count for all the connectors instead of having 2d duplicates from other views.

I downloaded the RVT/RFA to GDL object and tried using it. But I noticed that it's not easily adjustable and it also doesn't extract the type catalog from Revit for all the different sizes. Do you just make your own connector as you go provided from their pdf?

Newbie here.
Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
4 REPLIES 4
sknsnw9
Booster
Does any one have any suggestions for best methods?
Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Varch
Participant
I'm in the same boat. I just need some 2D joist hangers, but they seem to have be relegated to the Legacy library. I am really disappointed in the lack of 3rd party support from manufacturers for Archicad objects. If Graphisoft can't change the tide of Autodesk's dominance in the US market, then it is never going to gain market share here in the US.

FWIW the HU joist hanger is one size - you can't change the height or even scale to match the right size TJI...
Craig
Architect in Dallas, TX
AC24 newbie
Personally, I have never needed to model any Simpson StrongTie hardware in 3D; the 2D has been sufficient. That's not to say I wouldn't use it if the 3D were available, though.

Simpson does a pretty good job with its 2D catalog in DWG format, and that is mostly drag 'n drop into Archicad.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
sknsnw9
Booster

Sorry for the super late response.  Thanks for those suggestion.  Would much prefer to have 3d so I can see it in there as well, but I guess I'll try the 2d method.

How would that work for the schedule if I have the 2d in more than 1 view in the same place?  Do I need to make the ID different for any extras?