Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Site Planing and USA vehicle turning radius

Eduardo Bell
Contributor
I wish for a 2D parametric object to assist in the site planning process here in the U.S.A. It has to be based on the guidelines and vehicle standards as developed by the AASHTO (American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials); U.S. cars, buses, fire truck and trailer trucks turning radii largely determine how circulation can be developed in most roads, parking lots and sites in this country. This type of tool is already available for Windows based civil engineering software packages, so there is plenty of inspirational material in existence. There is a good GDL object available for the European market, but the specifications do not match the AASHTO standards, I guess it could be adapted though, so if the developer of this 'Vehicle Turning Radius' objects is able and willing, we here in this country would be much obliged. Thanks for reading!

Ed

Screen Shot 2013-12-19 at 4.37.40 PM.png
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Cadimage have some tracking curve objects that will allow you to adjust all the settings for vehicle/trailer sizes, turning radius, etc.
I can't say how good or bad they are as I don't really use them.
But they are free.
Barry.
tracking_curve.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Wow, awesome objects!

Thanks Barry, these are so well designed I could mimic one of the large semi trailer trucks quite close to the design specs from AASHTO.

Thanks to CADIMAGE as well for their generous free offer!

Cheers to all,
Ed
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
BUZZ
Participant
Hi Barry.

Looking for the cool free cadimage turning curve tool. Can you please update where
it can be downloaded.

Thanks,
Buzz
Barry Kelly
BUZZ wrote:
Looking for the cool free cadimage turning curve tool. Can you please update where
it can be downloaded.

CADimage have been taken over by Central Innovation which is the Australian /New Zealand distributor of Archicad.

So if you are an Australian / New Zealand subscriber you can access them through their MyCI portal.

The Central Innovation website is ...

https://centralinnovation.com/archicad/cadimage-tools/

I see links to the CADimage tools, but not the objects.

However if you download the Australian version of Archicad, you will get the AUS library.
In there you will find the tracking curves.
Just change the version number in this web link for the version you want.

https://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/install/AC23/AUS

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11