Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Size of Window with Sill

jameshart
Newcomer
Hi!

We are having a problem when we turn on the window sills.

If I enable a 5" window sill, the window stays the same size, but the sill makes the transparent area 5" smaller. (Please see the attached screenshot.) But this makes it wrong on elevations. If I make the window 5" larger, the elevations look correct but then the window schedule is wrong.

I want my cake and to eat it too! How can I get ArchiCAD to display the window at the right size on elevations AND display the right size in the schedule?

Thanks!
ArchiCAD 22 (6021 USA Full), 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon W iMac Pro, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 10.14, AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jameshart:

I think the issue is that you are using the Frame & Sash setting to create the sill, which ArchiCAD considers part of the window. From your screen shot it looks like you want a masonry sill. Try setting the Closure type to Brick Veneer, then using the Brick Sill in the Wall Closure... panel to create your sill. This will place the sill outside the window dimension.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
jameshart
Newcomer
David wrote:
jameshart:

I think the issue is that you are using the Frame & Sash setting to create the sill, which ArchiCAD considers part of the window. From your screen shot it looks like you want a masonry sill. Try setting the Closure type to Brick Veneer, then using the Brick Sill in the Wall Closure... panel to create your sill. This will place the sill outside the window dimension.

David
This was it, thanks David! I did not know there was a second way to create a sill!
ArchiCAD 22 (6021 USA Full), 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon W iMac Pro, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 10.14, AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64