BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Sketchup Modeling and Archicad 2D drawing combined, any Tip?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a question,

I do not know what it called when you created 2D drawing then combined with Sketchup object where it has too many vectors as becoming as one object. I still want to keep the modeling itself but it doesn't look pretty on 2D plan. I copied and exploded the object and clean up all the lines as much as I can. But, how do I create 2D plan along with 3D Modeling?

Any clear tutorial or step by step that I could try get to advance by making a GSM object? Any tips would be great!

No rush. I just want to learn something new but don't know what it called when I searched on Youtube or this forum. No luck so far.

I have attached the screenshot. Left is 2D and Right is 3D of Sketchup. I'd like to combine both of them together somehow?

Thank you for your time.
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
You could copy the 2D to the objects Symbol tab, and delete the Project2 in the 2D tab.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Set the 2d drawing in the same place as in 3d... (set 3d to top and linework with vectorial engine - and press the button add to 2d symbol).
Then align Your drawing with this autocreated content. (Worksheet/ 2d symbol - what You prefer)
You can leave this "as is" or drag'n'drop the drawing to 2d script - then You can edit the created script (parametrize pens, lines and so on).

Piotr
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
If the SKP model is fairly clean you can convert to a morph, set floor plan display options (such as foreground/background fill, pens, etc) and save that as an object. The morph display should give you a good enough 2D view.
I've found is easier to prepare the model in SKP: that is, clean/hide unnecessary edges away, check normals, etc. It will display all edges right after import (as in the screenshot), but most of the times the edges you can see in SKP will be the ones shown after converting to morph.

Best regards.
Learn and get certified!