Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Skin priorities override?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm creating a library of walls and having trouble getting intersections to form correctly in triple membrane systems (stud/air gap/plasterboard fire barrier/air gap/stud) see attachment.

I cannot find a way to get the central fire barrier (made of plasterboard) from both walls to connect. I've made the air barrier material a higher priority than the studs so it passes through correctly, but I can't make the plasterboard higher than the air barrier because it is used as a finish material on other walls. The only way I can see to do it is to make 2 versions of the plasterboard materials, one for the core and another for finishes...but then they are listed separately on material takeoffs which I don't want.

Is there another way to achieve this???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can give building materials an ID, you could use this for material take off to group together similar building materials with different priority.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can give building materials an ID, you could use this for material take off to group together similar building materials with different priority.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's excellent, I hadn't realised the material IDs didn't need to be unique. Completely solved my problem!
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
No worries, it is rare if we have a single 'group' for any material. We ussually have a structural and non-structural application of building materials and group these all together in their own categories (concrete, bricks, plywood, gypsum board, etc etc) by ID. And some categories like concrete have even more subdivision to help with correct building material intersections (prefab v.s. on site etc).
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5