BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Skylight 12 oddness

Anonymous
Not applicable
This pln file was migrated from older computer, but still from AC-12, with the same 2 libraries, (AC-12 and my standard office library).

It's Skylight Flat Panel-12 right from AC-12 lib.

Whether moving or deleting the skylight, the opening remained no matter if I deleted it while in 3d or 2d.
The opening would not go away on it's own until I took the remaining hot spots from the edges of the opening and combined them.
However, if I place this same skylight in the same roof and then delete it, the opening heals correctly.
Obviously not a big deal but curious, is this a known bug?
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It may be a bug, but it also possible that the skylight was placed as an object and the roof hole manually created. A simple misuse perhaps?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply.
Forgot to mention that no seo's involved and to verify I had checked my seo layer's to see if either one of them had something on them.
None regarding roof.
Also don't remember having any trouble with the object cutting the openings in the first place, as in fact it does not now.
Maybe somehow the object lost it's remove opening "handle".
But if that's the case, guess it would be hard to prove as "bug".
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I remember that there was an option when opening older projects. It asked whether you want to convert Skylights for the new project.
Maybe they were not chosen to be converted, hence the separate and independent hole.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I remember that there was an option when opening older projects. It asked whether you want to convert Skylights for the new project.
Maybe they were not chosen to be converted, hence the separate and independent hole.
Thanks for the reply.
Don't remember an option to "convert Skylight" but just because I don't remember that option sure is not prof it was not flashed on screen and I ignored it.
Learn and get certified!