Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Skylight

Anonymous
Not applicable
Newbie here...coming over from 20 years with Vectorcrap.

skylight is on second story but is showing up on my first floor plan...for life of me cant find setting to turn it off floor plan!

also trying to get skylight to show up on window schedule...any ideas
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
barkeater wrote:
also trying to get skylight to show up on window schedule...any ideas
In the Window Schedule > Scheme Settings... > Criteria you'll need to add Element Type is Skylight. But the Skylight's Fields will not match the Window's Fields, so a separate Skylight Schedule may work better.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
barkeater wrote:
skylight is on second story but is showing up on my first floor plan...for life of me cant find setting to turn it off floor plan!
Skylighs are displayed on the Floor Plan according to the settings of their host Roof/Shell element. Go to the Roof/Shell Settings Dialog in the Floor Plan and Section panel experiment with the Show On Stories, Floor Plan Display and Show Projection Settings of the Roof/Shell. You can also play with the Home Story setting of the host Roof/Shell. You should be able to achieve the desired 2D representation on the various Stories.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
barkeater wrote:
Newbie here...coming over from 20 years with Vectorcrap.
Could you tell me the Top 5 reasons you refer to your previous program as Vector....? I am quite familiar with the program so I have my own opinions but I would be interested to hear your experiences. I suppose you have worked a lot with it in real-world scenarios.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27