BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slab Graphic Issues in Version 24 - 3D windows

Jeff Galbraith
Advocate
I'm seeing very strange issues with the display of slabs in 3D views. See image below.

Two things are happening:

1. The blue slab creation line is not aligned to the slab geometry.

2. The surface texture is distorted and out of scale...it should read like a high resolution concrete image map.

This project was just upgraded from version 23 to version 24. These issues were not present prior to updating the model.

Any ideas?
Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have seen this issue recently here on the forum.
If I am correct, it was due to the elements be to far from the project origin. Is it the case?
I would also try a an "Open and Repair" to the file.
Jeff Galbraith
Advocate
This item is very close to the project origin...probably within 20 feet. I'll try remigrating the file from the 23 version. If that doesn't work I'll try the open and repair option.
Jeff G

Barry Kelly
Jeff wrote:
This item is very close to the project origin...probably within 20 feet.

Make sure that is the Project Origin and not a User Origin.
Double click the 'set user origin' button to reset it.

Or it could be that there are other elements far from the origin - they will have an effect as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Jeff Galbraith
Advocate
I'm trying to resolve this issue again and I have a bit more data. The problem appears to have nothing to do with the version of archicad. For some unknown reason if the file is moved, such as being copied from bimcloud to a desktop as a PLN, or moved to a new server the problem appears. However as long at the file is left in it's current location on our bimcloud server for version 23 the file appears to be fine.

I have gone through the file and deleted any elements that were very far from the project origin and checked every worksheet and detail for similar elements. I have also opened and repaired the file and the problem persists.

Is anyone aware of a tool or method I can use to make sure I have found every element that is far away from the point of origin? I have been going to each story in the plan as well as each detail and worksheet and zooming to extents with all layers visible to check this.

Any other suggestions of what I should look for?
Jeff G

Podolsky
Ace
In UK it called - software gone mental. What happens if you switch to orthogonal view (axonometry)? Can it be related to perspective camera settings only? Camera view angle and camera distance from object? Have you tried to change these parameters and will it change something in the view?
Jeff Galbraith
Advocate
I tried switching to axon but the problem persists. Good idea though. That rules out one more thing...
Jeff G

Barry Kelly
Maybe your server is far from origin. (joking of course)

Jeff wrote:
Is anyone aware of a tool or method I can use to make sure I have found every element that is far away from the point of origin? I have been going to each story in the plan as well as each detail and worksheet and zooming to extents with all layers visible to check this.

That is all I can suggest to check.
View all in 3D, turn on all layers and zoom to extents.

I guess make sure renovation filter is set to show everything as well, otherwise there could be hidden elements.

Are your video drivers up to date?
I am sure I saw similar on a machine many years ago and updating the drivers seemed to fix it.
May have been a coincidence, but no harm to check.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!