Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slab Thickness Transitions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on a project that has a massive concrete mat foundation and need some help.

For Example:

There are portions of the Slab that are 96" in depth and other Portions that are 78" deep. Between the 2 different depths there is a portion of the slab in which the bottom edge of the slab ramps up to transition between the 2 depths smoothly instead of having a vertical step.

How can I make this portion of the slab in which one the bottom edges is -96" and the oposite edge is -78" and the top of slab at both edges is +0"?

Thanks for any help in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
You can place a roof plane where you want the slope, putting this on a layer which you can hide, I make a special layer for these SEO objects. If you use a section tool through the area you can adjust the elevation of your roof to where you want it and adjust the slope until it is correct. Then use SEO to subtract everything below this roof plane.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I have the roof slab in there, but what do you mean by:
Then use SEO to subtract everything below this roof plane.
TomWaltz
Participant
SEO are Solid Element Operations, a command in Archicad that allows you to add/subtract shapes from one another.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I figured it out. This method is really tough when you have 3 or 4 different slab thickness blending together like i need but I think I can get it to work.
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
zaigram wrote:
This method is really tough when you have 3 or 4 different slab thickness blending together like i need ....
You might try using the top surface of a Mesh then as your SEO surrface.
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
zaigram

You could also use a Comlpex Profile wall with the same cut fill as your slab.

Brian
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gerald wrote:
zaigram wrote:
This method is really tough when you have 3 or 4 different slab thickness blending together like i need ....
You might try using the top surface of a Mesh then as your SEO surrface.
I used this method, a little tedious but the out come was perfect. thanks for the advice.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Why would you not slip in a little COMPLEX PROFILED wall at this junction... Just the shape of the triangle with the two slabs abutting one another. Should clean up all the way around.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop