BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slab Tool Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help.

I've just started using Archicad recently, and am working on a hotel project for college.

I'm building a bar using the slab tool but when I go into the slab tool to adjust the height to 1000mm, the bar keeps jumping in the air! I've tried adjusting all the settings but it keeps doing this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Some more info for us to help:
AC version and OS (would be a good idea to add to profile signature, click on Profile link above) as things vary if different versions.
Can you give a screenshot of exactly what you are changing and what is going wrong?
You can change height (to top surface) and thickness (if you've used a "basic" slab, not a composite which has a fixed thickness). Make sure you're changing the right parameter.

Image below is from AC19, AC20 is slightly different

(PS - you can delete duplicate threads you have created before anyone responds to them. Its easy to keep hitting the "submit" button if you don't think its worked the first time)
Slab.JPG
Barry Kelly
I have deleted the duplicate posts and moved this to "Working in Archicad" where it should be (or the Student part of the forum would have been OK too).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help that seemed to work when I clicked on the basic tab and added the height.

I just realised there is a student forum so I'll post on there if I have any future problems.

Thanks again

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Carra wrote:
Thanks for your help that seemed to work when I clicked on the basic tab and added the height.

I just realised there is a student forum so I'll post on there if I have any future problems.

Thanks again

You should post questions in the Student forum which are specific to the EDU version of ARCHICAD. Just because you are a student does not mean you have to post everything in the Student forum. Instead, post questions in their relevant forums. On the opening page of ARCHICAD-Talk there is a short description of the topics covered in each forum.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!