Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Slab and wall not contiguous

stevini
Booster

Hello folks,

I have a problem with the 3D (Archicad 25)! In only one floor of the building, there is a space between the slab and the wall where it shouldn't be.

I placed the slab in line with the first floor level with 265mm of thickness, as per attached screenshot. The wall is linked to the first floor having the height "first floor level-265mm". While on the other floors the walls and slabs are contiguous, in this particular floor they are detached. 

The empty space between wall and slab is 35mm.1.gif2.gif3.gif4.gif

Any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

stevini:

The screen shot of the slab shows that it is part of an SEO (Solid Element Operation). Has the bottom of the slab been cut? It is also possible that there is another element on a hidden layer with a stronger Building Material Intersection Priority that is cutting either wall or slab.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your Archicad version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

stevini:

The screen shot of the slab shows that it is part of an SEO (Solid Element Operation). Has the bottom of the slab been cut? It is also possible that there is another element on a hidden layer with a stronger Building Material Intersection Priority that is cutting either wall or slab.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your Archicad version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Rajesh Patil
Expert

How about the slab, is it in composite building material or simple single? If composite then aligned with top finish skin or core skin? Send slab parameters too like wall. 

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB

Perfect! There where hidden layer which were creating that problem. Thanks!